Once you set up SAML for ShareFile via Teamstack, your users will be able to login to ShareFile using their Teamstack credentails.
- ShareFile (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for ShareFile
To set up SSO you first need to add ShareFile app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Sharefile SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add ShareFile app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "ShareFile" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your ShareFile company name (If your base URL is https://myCompany.sharefile.com/, enter myCompany). Leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created ShareFile app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for ShareFile.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in ShareFile.
Step 2: Set up SAML in ShareFile
- Log in to your ShareFile using your admin account.
- Go to Setting > Admin Settings > Security > Login & Security.
- Under "Basic Setting" check "Yes" in "Enable SAML".
- In "ShareFile Issuer / Entity ID" field, input your base URL ( ex: https://myCompany.sharefile.com).
- In "Your IDP Issuer / Entity ID" field, input value from "Issuer (IDP Entity ID)" field in Teamstack.
- In "X.509 Certificate" field, click change and input the value from the "Identity Provider Certificate" field from Teamstack step 1.7. Click Saved.
- For the "Login URL" field, input value from the "Sign-in Page URL" field from Teamstack.
- In the "Logout URL" field, input "https://app.teamstack.com/dashboard".
- In "Optional Settings", check yes in "Require SSO Login" field if you want non-admin users must login using Teamstack credentials.
- Click "Save".
You can now test the login from Teamstack to ShareFile. You need to have ShareFile assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window.
- Log into Teamstack.
- Click on the ShareFile app on your dashboard.
- You will be redirected to ShareFile and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at ShareFile.