Once you set up SAML for Rollbar via Teamstack, your users will be able to login to Rollbar using their Teamstack credentails.
- Rollbar (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Rollbar
To set up SSO you first need to add Rollbar app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Rollbar SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Rollbar app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Rollbar" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app, input the "Account Name" ( if your dashboard Url is https://rollbar.com/myAccount, input myAccount ) and leave "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Rollbar app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Rollbar.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Download metadata file by click "SAML Metadata" button.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Rollbar
- Log in to your Rollbar using you admin account.
- In the topbar, click on your account name and select "User Settings"
- From the left side bar, select "Identity provider".
- For the "SAML Identity Provider" dropdown, select "Other".
- Copy the data from the file you downloaded from step 1.7 and paste it into the "SAML Metadata" input.
- Click "Save".
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Rollbar. You need to have Rollbar assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window.
- Log into Teamstack.
- Click on the Rollbar app on your dashboard.
- You will be redirected to Rollbar and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Rollbar.