Once you set up SAML for JitBit via Teamstack, your users will be able to login to JitBit using their Teamstack credentails.
- JitBit (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Just in time (JIT) provisioning
Set up SSO via SAML for JitBit
To set up SSO you first need to add JitBit app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure JitBit SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add JitBit app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "JitBit" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your JitBit company name (If your URL is https://myCompany.jitbit.com/, enter myCompany). Leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Jitbit app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for JitBit.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in JitBit.
Step 2: Set up SAML in JitBit
After SSO is enabled in JitBit, new users will be automatically provisioned during first login to to JitBit.
- Log in to your JitBit using your admin account.
- Switch to the "Administrator" tab and click on "General settings".
- Enable the SAML settings at the bottom of the page.
- Check Enable SAML 2.0 single sign on.
- Copy the value from "Sign-in Page URL" in Teamstack and paste it in "Endpoint URL".
- Copy the value from "Identity Provider Certificate" and paste it in "x509 certificate".
- Check "Redirect users to the idendity provider automatically when SAML enabled" or "Hide regular 'login' controls from the form when SAML enabled" if you want your users to need to login using Teamstack credentials.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to JitBit. You need to have JitBit assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window.
- Log into Teamstack.
- Click on the JitBit app on your dashboard.
- You will be redirected to JitBit and will be logged in without the need to enter a password for JitBit.