Once you set up SAML for Expensify via Teamstack, your users will be able to login to Expensify using their Teamstack credentails.
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Expensify (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Expensify
To set up SSO, you first need to add Expensify app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Expensify SSO with the settings from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Expensify app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Expensify" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML", input your domain name and leave "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Expensify app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Expensify.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Expensify.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Expensify
- Make sure that you Expensify plan supports SAML.
- Log in to Expensify Admin with your administrator account.
- Go to Domains setting and select SAML.
- Click "Verify" and follow the instructions to verify your domain.
- After your domain was verified, you can enable SAML login.
- Comeback Teamstack, open link in "SAML Metadata URL" field, and copy value from it.
- From Teamstack, open the "SAML Metadata URL" in your browser and copy and paste the content to the "Identity Provider MetaData" input.
- Enable "Required for login", if you want your users to only be able to log in via SAML.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Expensify. You need to have the Expensify app assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Expensify app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Expensify and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Expensify .