This article will show you how to configure SAML for 4me application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access 4me using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing 4me.
- 4me (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for 4me
To set up SSO you first need to add 4me app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure 4me SSO with the settings from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add 4me app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "4me" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" , input your "4me base URL" (Example: https://myCompany.4me.qa) and leave "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created 4me app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for 4me.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in 4me.
Step 2: Set up SAML in 4me
- Log in to 4me Admin with your administrator account.
- Go to Single Sign On Setting and click "Plus" button to add new SSO setting.
- Input name of the setting (you can have multiple SSO setting).
- Check "Enabled".
- For "Logout URL" field, input "https://app.teamstack.com/dashboard".
- Check "Allow users to bypass this Single Sign-On" option so you can still log in with 4me credentials if something goes wrong.
- For "SAML SSO URL", use the value "Sign-in page URL" field from the step 1.7 above.
- For "Certificate fingerprint" use the "Fingerprint" value from the step 1.7 above.
- Click "Save".
You can now test the login from Teamstack to 4me. You need to have the 4me app assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the 4me app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to 4me and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at 4me.