This article will show you how to configure SAML for Dell Boomi application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Dell Boomi using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Dell Boomi.
- Boomi (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Boomi
To set up SSO you first need to add Boomi app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Boomi SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Boomi app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Dell Boomi" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your Boomi Account ID. You can find the Account ID in your Boomi organization: click on your Company Name in the top right corner ->"Switch Account" -> "Account Information" (check the screenshot at the bottom of this article).
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Boomi app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Boomi.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Boomi.
- You also need to download the certificate file by clicking on the "SAML Certificate" button. When the download is completed, please rename the file from "teamstack_cert.pem" to "teamstack_cert.cer" to be able to upload it to Boomi.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Boomi
Boomi's implementation of single sign-on with SAML uses a federation ID to identify the user who is requesting access to the application. So if you want a user to log in via SSO from Teamstack, you need to configure user's federation ID with the same value as user's email.
- Log in to Boomi with your administrator account.
- From you dashboard, click on the company name in the top right corner and click "Setup"
- Find "Security Options" in the left corner and select "SSO Options".
- Check "Enable SAML Single Sign-On".
- Click "Import" and select the file that you downloaded in the step 1.8 above.
- In "Identity Provider Sign In URL", use the value from "Sign-in Page URL" in the step 1.7 above
- In "Federation ID Location" choose "Federation ID is in NameID element of the Subject".
- In "Name ID Policy" choose "Unspecified".
- Click "Save"
You also need to set user's federation ID. On the Setup page select User Management, then select a user and click "Edit". Fill the Federation ID field with same value as user's email and click OK.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Boomi. You need to have Dell Boomi assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Boomi app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Boomi and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Boomi.
You can use the Boomi (SP) initiated Single Sign-On by using the following URL: "https://platform.boomi.com/AtomSphere.html#build;accountId=<accountID>" (replace <accountID> with your Account ID).
How to find you your Account ID: