This article will show you how to configure SAML for Deskpro application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Deskpro using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Domo.
- Deskpro (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Deskpro
To set up SSO you first need to add Deskpro app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Deskpro SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Deskpro app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Deskpro" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your Deskpro account name (If your URL is https://myAccount.deskpro.com, enter myAccount). Leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Deskpro app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Deskpro.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Deskpro.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Deskpro
For users to be able to log in, they need to have a Deskpro account with the same email as their Teamstack email. Do the following to add the SAML settings to Deskpro:
- Log in to Deskpro with your administrator account.
- Go to Admin panel in Deskpro
- In the left side bar, click on "Admin" -> "CRM" -> "Auth & SSO" and click on "Add" to add new SAML settings.
- Select "SAML Authentication" in the list
- You will need to copy and paste values from the step 1.7 above in the following inputs:
- For "SSO: Single Sign On URL", use data from "Sign-in Page URL".
- For "SLO: Single Log Off URL", use "https://app.teamstack.com/dashboard".
- For "Metadata: Issuer XML metadata URL", use data from "Issuer (IDP Entity ID)".
- For "x509 Certificate", user data from "Identity Provider Certificate".
- Check the "Enabled?" option at the top.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Deskpro. You need to have Deskpro assigned to yourself in Deskpro. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Deskpro app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Deskpro and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Deskpro.