This article will show you how to configure SAML for Weekdone application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Weekdone using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Weekdone.
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Weekdone (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- JIT (Just In Time) Provisioning
Set up SSO via SAML for Weekdone
To set up SSO, you first need to add Weekdone app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Weekdone SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Weekdone app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Weekdone" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app.
- For the "Company name" input choose a name. This name cannot contain spaces. You will need the same name when configuring SAML at Weekdone.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Weekdone app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Weekdone.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Weekdone
Step 2: Set up SAML in Weekdone
When configuring SSO in Weekdone, you can force users to log in using Teamstack credentials. In this case, users will not be able to log in with Weekdone username and password anymore. To add the SAML settings, do the following:
- Log in to Weekdone with your administrator account.
- Go to Single Sign-on setup page at this location: https://weekdone.com/settings?tab=advanced
- For SAML name, fill in the company name you used in the step 1.5 above
- For "SAML SSO URL" use "Sign-in Page URL" from the step 1.8 above
- For "SAML Logout URL" use "https://app.teamstack.com/dashboard"
- For "X509 Certificate" use "Identity Provider Certificate" from the step 1.8
- Click Update.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Weekdone. You need to have Weekdone assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Weekdone app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Weekdone and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Weekdone.
Service Provider initiated Single Sign-On:
You users can log in directly by visiting the following link: