This article will show you how to configure SAML for StatusHub application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access StatusHub using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing StatusHub.
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
- StatusHub (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for StatusHub
To set up SSO you first need to add StatusHub app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure StatusHub SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add StasusHub app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "StatusHub" and click "Add".
- Log in to StatusHub with your administrator account.
- Go to SAML setting by this link https://app.statushub.io/my/account/saml and get value from "SSO URL" field. You will need this for next step.
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your StatusHub account number (If your SSO URL is https://app.statushub.io/accounts/XXXX/saml/authenticate, enter XXXX). Leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview click on the newly created StatusHub app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for StatusHub.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Download the metadata file by clicking on the "SAML Metadata" button. You will need to open the XML file and copy the content of it to StatusHub in the next steps.
Step 2: Set up SAML in StatusHub
Now go back to StatusHub app settings in Teamstack and navigate to SAML setting page (step 1.5 above).
- Open the file you downloaded from the step 1.9 with a text editor and copy content to your clipboard.
- Paste the content to "SAML 2.0 IdP metadata in XML format".
- You can decide whether your users should still be able to log in via username and password. Set the setting "Mixed-mode sign-in" accordingly.
- Click "Update" to save the settings.
- Click "Enable" to enable the SAML settings.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to StatusHub. You need to have StatusHub assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the StatusHub app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to StatusHub and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at StatusHub.
Service Provider initiated Single Sign-On:
You users can log in directly by visiting the following link: