This article will show you how to configure SAML for Klipfolio application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Klipfolio using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Klipfolio.
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Klipfolio
To set up SSO you first need to add Klipfolio app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Klipfolio SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Klipfolio app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Klipfolio" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Klipfolio app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Klipfolio.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Klipfolio
Step 2: Set up SAML in Klipfolio
When you enable SSO in Klipfolio, Teamstack users with a Klopfolio account will be able to log in to Klipfolio. To add the SAML settings to Klipfolio, do the following:
- Log in to Klipfolio with your administrator account.
- Go to https://app.klipfolio.com/settings/single_signon.
- Click Edit
- Copy "Identity Provider Certificate" value from the step 1.7 above and paste it to "Certificate"
- Make sure you remove the begin and end part of the certificate, otherwise the login will fail. (-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----)
- Click "Save"
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Klipfolio. You need to have Klipfolio assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Klipfolio app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Klipfolio and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Klipfolio.
Service Provider initiated Single Sign-On:
Klipfolio does not support SP initiated Single Sign-On. The only way for your users to log in is through the Teamstack dashboard.