This article will show you how to configure SAML for Replicon application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Replicon using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Replicon.
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Replicon
To set up SSO you first need to add Replicon app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Replicon SSO with the SAML settings from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Replicon app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Replicon" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your Replicon account name. (If your URL is https://myZone.replicon.com/myCompany, enter myCompany) and leave the "Relay State" input empty. Note: The account name is case sensitive.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Replicon app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Replicon.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Replicon. You also need to download Certificate by clicking on the "SAML Certificate" button.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Replicon
You need to do the following im order to configure SAML in Replicon
- Log in to Replicon with your administrator account.
- Go to "Administration" settings.
- Scroll down and select "Security Settings".
- Click on "Add Authentication Provider".
Input some values to configure SAML
- Provider Type: SAML 2.
- SSO HTTP Post URL: Use "Sign-in Page URL" from step 1.7.
- SSO HTTP Redirect URL: https://app.teamstack.com/dashboard
- XML Signature Algorithm: SHA256.
- Public Key: Click Choose File and upload file you downloaded in step 1.7.
- Click "Save"
Users in Replicon can log in via multiple authentication methods. The default setting is to authenticate against the Replicon directory. To be able to log users in with SAML, you need to change user's "Authenticaton Type" in user's profile settings.
- On your "Administration" view, go to "Users"
- Click on the user for whom you want to change the Authentication Type.
- You can change the "Authentication Type" from "Replicon" to "SSO"
- Click "Save"
You can now log in from Teamstack to Replicon using SAML. The email address must be the same for both Replicon and Teamstack accounts.
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Replicon app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Replicon and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Replicon.
Service Provider initiated Single Sign-On:
Replicon does not support SP initiated Single Sign-On. The only way for your users to log in is through the Teamstack dashboard.