This article will show you how to configure SAML for People HR application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access People HR using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing People HR.
- People HR (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for People HR
To set up SSO you first need to add People HR app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure People HR SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add People app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "People HR" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your People HR company name (If your URL is https://myCompany.peoplehr.net, enter myCompany) and leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created People HR app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for People HR.
- On the "SAML Configurations" tab. Download the metadata file by clicking on the "SAML Metadata" button. You will need this file to configure SAML in People HR.
Step 2: Set up SAML in People
You need to do following in order to enable SAML Single Sign-on in People HR using Teamstack.
- Log in to People HR with your administrator account.
- From you dashboard, click on the "Settings" in the menu on the left and select "Company".
- Find "Upload 'Single Sign On' SAML meta-data file" field.
- Click "Browse" and select the file you downloaded from the step 1.7 above.
You can now test the login from Teamstack to People HR. You need to have People HR assigned to yourself in Teamstack. The email address must be the same in both People HR and Teamstack services. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the People HR app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to People HR and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at People HR.