This article will show you how to configure SAML for Humanity application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Humanity using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Humanity.
- Humanity (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
Set up SSO via SAML for Humanity
To set up SSO you first need to add Humanity app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Humanity SSO with the SAML values from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Humanity app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Humanity" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your Humanity company name (If your URL is https://myCompany.humanity.com, enter myCompany) and leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Humanity app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Humanity.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Humanity.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Humanity
To set up Humanity for user authentication in Teamstack do the following:
- Log in to Humanity with your administrator account.
- From your dashboard, click on the "cogwheel" in the top right corner.
- Select Single Sign-on in the menu on the left.
Configure Single Sign-on with values from the step 1.7 above
- Select "SAML Enabled"
- Select "Allow Password Login" if you want users to still be able to log in using Humanity username and password.
- For "SAML Issuer URL", use "Sign-in Page URL".
- For "Remote Logout URL", fill "https://app.teamstack.com/dashboard"
- For "X.509 Certificate" use "Identity Provider Certificate".
- Click "Save Settings".
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Humanity. You need to have Humanity assigned to yourself in Teamstack. Email address in Teamstack account and in Humanity account must be the same. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Humanity app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Humanity and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Humanity.
(SP) initiated Single Sign-On
Users can also log in by going directly to the following link: