This article will show you how to configure SAML for Coralogix application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Coralogix using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Coralogix.
- Coralogix (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
- JIT (Just In Time) Provisioning
Set up SSO via SAML for Coralogix
To set up SSO you first need to add a Coralogix app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Coralogix SSO with the SAML metadata file from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Coralogix app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Coralogix" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your Coralogix team name (If your URL is https://myTeam.coralogix.com, enter "myTeam") and leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Coralogix app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Coralogix.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Click on "SAML Metadata" to download the metadata file that later you will need to upload to Coralogix.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Coralogix
When you enable SSO in Coralogix, users that do not exist in Coralogix but do exist in Teamstack will be created in Coralogix automatically (Just In Time Provisioning). Admins will get a notification from Coralogix asking to approve new users.
- Log in to Coralogix with your administrator account.
- From your dashboard, click on the "square" in the top right corner and click "Settings".
- Navigate to the "Configure SAML" tab.
- Click "Change IdP metadata file" and upload the file you download in the step 1.7 above.
- Click "Activate"
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Coralogix. You need to have Coralogix app assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window.
- Log in to app.teamstack.com
- Click on the Coralogix app on your dashboard.
- A new tab will open and you will be logged in.
JIT (Just In Time) Provisioning
When you assign this app to a new user in Teamstack and that user does not exist in Coralogix, it will auto create an "invitation". Those users will have to be "approved" in Coralogix to be created. When the invite has been approved, the user can log in via SAML through Teamstack.
Coralogix (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
Users can also log in by directly going to the following link: