This article will show you how to configure SAML for Bugsnag application in Teamstack.
Once this is done, your users will be able to access Bugsnag using Teamstack via SAML. Your users will use their Teamstack credentials when accessing Bugsnagg.
- Bugsnag (SP) initiated Single Sign-On
- Teamstack (IdP) initiated Single Sign-On
- JIT (Just In Time) Provisioning
Set up SSO via SAML for Bugsnag
To set up SSO you first need to add a Bugsnag app to Teamstack, assign it to yourself and then configure Bugsnag SSO with the SAML metadata from Teamstack.
Step 1: Add Bugsnag app to Teamstack
- Go to your Applications in Teamstack.
- Click "Add Application" in the top right corner.
- Search for "Bugsnag" and click "Add".
- Select this app to be a "SAML" app and enter your Bugsnag company name (If your URL is https://app.bugsnag.com/myCompany, enter myCompany) and leave the "Relay State" input empty.
- In Organization's Applications overview, click on the newly created Bugsnag app. You will see all the details about this app.
- Click on "Users" and assign this app to yourself. You will need this in order to test whether SAML is working correctly for Bugsnag.
- Click on the "SAML Configurations" tab. Keep this page open, you will need these values once you configure the SAML settings in Bugsnag.
Step 2: Set up SAML in Bugsnag
Open SAML configuration
- Log in to Bugsnag with your administrator account.
- From you dashboard, click on the "cogwheel" in the right top corner and navigate to "Organization settings" and click "Single sign-on".
Config single sign-on using SAML :
- Copy the "SAML Metadata URL" from the step 1.7 above and paste it to Bugsnag.
- You can turn on Auto-Provision user feature and set permission for new users.
- Click "Enable SSO".
You can now test the login from Teamstack to Bugsnag. You need to have Bugsnag assigned to yourself in Teamstack. To test the connection, do the following:
- Open a new incognito window
- Log into Teamstack
- Click on the Bugsnag app on your dashboard
- You will be redirected to Bugsnag and will be logged in without the need to enter a password at Bugsnag.
- If everything is working, you can now enforce SAML login in Bugsnag for evey user. To do that go back to the SAML settings in Bugsnag and check on "Force your team to log in via your SSO provider"