When you enable provisioning for your Slack application in Teamstack, every user you assign to the Slack app or a group with the Slack app will be automatically created, suspended and deleted in Slack depending on the user's state in Teamstack.
For Teamstack to be able to handle the user provisioning on your behalf, you have to authorize Teamstack first. After that, you can edit the provisioner settings and define what should happen in detail when a user gets assigned or unassigned to the app or when a user in Teamstack gets suspended.
- Plan: Slack Plus - For provisioning to work, your workspace has to be on the Plus plan.
Set up User Provisioning
- If you have not created a Slack app yet, go ahead and create it on the "Application" page.
- Open the application details by clicking on the Slack app in your "Organization's Applications"
- Click on "Provisioning".
- If you have not authorized this app before, you need to click on the "Authorize" button. You will be redirected to the Slack website to give Teamstack permission to provision Slack users on your behalf. After successful authorization, you will get redirected back to Teamstack, where you can specify the provisioner settings.
- Typically, you would want a user to get provisioned in Slack when the user gets assigned to the Slack app in Teamstack, de-provisioned when the user gets unassigned and suspended when the user gets suspended in Teamstack. You have to enable every "action" separately. Each action has settings, which controls how the action behaves in case it gets triggered.
- After you have enabled the settings you want, click "Save".
Now that you set up user provisioning, every time you assign a user to this Slack app in Teamstack, the provisioner will create a new account in Slack for that user. The user will be able to log in right away and no invitation email is sent from Slack. Slack does not support the deletion of user accounts. Users will get "deactivated" in Slack when you delete a user in Teamstack.
- If you enable provisioning for a Slack FBA app and you provision, de-provision and then provision the same user again, the user will loose their Slack password in Teamstack. Please recover your password via email in Slack and enter the new password manually to your Slack app.